10 Items - Summer Minimalist Makeup
Why do women wear makeup every day? Over-made faces de-sensitize us to the natural beauty of the female face. Also, too many colors can look unsophisticated. There are only certain people who can pull off heavy or flashy makeup and nails (and I'm happily not one of them).
In summer (when everyone's skin gets a sunny little glow) we should lighten up, if not forgo entirely, on makeup. The only time you'll find anything on my face in the summer is if there is a camera in my near vicinity, and even then I usually only use the magic number three things (under-eye concealer, mascara, and chapstick).
Above is my uber-cute summer makeup kit. It consists of only TEN items. Thank God I am blessed to have relatively clear skin, so I don't actually own any foundation or concealer. Almost everything pictured above was purchased from Riyadh, KSA.
- Pre-Makeup: Lush's Shangri La moisturizer (amazing). When I first moved to Riyadh, my face broke out into this disgusting sea of pimples on only one side of it. I think I spent a year with over 50 small pink bumps lining the right side of my face. The doctors said it was an allergic reaction to the heat (wt...?) but none of their solutions to fixing it worked. Finally, I switched from Lancôme to Lush for my face cream (or at least, I alternate days) and voila! Back to normal, thank God. Yays!
- Skin: Physician's Formula Gentle Cover for under the eyes (it has to be a yellow-ish tone) and some Mineral Blush (peach is pretty!). I'm a big fan of coral and peach in the summer, because they work in the beginning of the summer with pale skin, and look just as beautiful at the end of the summer with golden skin.
- Eyes: The Body Shop has this cute kit with natural (but a little shimmery) eye colors. I use the darkest brown to shade in my eyebrows because I don't have any (the woes of Caucasian genes). I also have eyeliner gel and mascara. Truth is, the only thing I use is mascara 99% of the time.
- Lips: Burt's Bees & CJ Bigelow all the way! The taste is amazing!
- Nails: I wear Inglot most of the month, or else I use OPI (nothing else). I also don't own anything except neutral colors and red. Leave the neon nails to the teenagers. (:
Can YOU purge your makeup kit this summer, and whittle it down to only ten items? Try it--it's liberating!