Cabbage Patch Plate: The Best Raw Vegan Salad Ever!
I learned this recipe from my uncle's wife in Syria over a decade before I knew that raw veganism existed. She had issues with fertility and they spent three years trying to have children before she decided to drastically alter her diet--she did about 75% raw veganism and incorporated some other non-vegan items. Months later, she was pregnant with her first (of four!) children, praise Him.
This salad is super awesome and super tasty. It's one of my absolute favorites! Recipe below:
- 1 head purple cabbage, shredded finely with sharp-bladed knife
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped finely
- 2-4 lemons, juiced
- 2-3 raw cloves garlic, minced with salt to taste
- 1 pomegranate, if desired
- 1/2 avocado, diced into small cubes
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 5-10 dill weed sprigs, fresh and chopped
- salt to taste